PLEASE NOTE: OUR PSYCHIATRIC PRACTICE IS CURRENTLY FULL AND WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS AT THIS TIME.
Advantages of the Concierge Model
- Longer appointment times: Extended appointment times allow for both you and your doctor to address all concerns completely without feeling rushed or pressured.
- Same week and on time appointments: No long wait times or crowded waiting rooms. Our practice size is limited to guarantee this level of care. Flexible scheduling allows you to change your appointment time, and be accommodated within the same week, without needing to delay care and without financial penalty.
- Routine collaboration with your primary care physician. Review of medical records and acquisition of laboratory studies.
- Access to the comfort and privacy of home visits or appointments by secure, online video sessions from your home or office.
- After hour crisis appointments available by phone.
- Immediate Access to your doctor for emergencies or after hours concerns:Your physician is available to you 24/7 and can be contacted directly by email or cell phone.
- Your doctor is available when you are hospitalized to communicate with hospital physicians and facilitate care.
Some of you may be seeking treatment for a diagnosis you have already received. For many others, you may be struggling with frightening thoughts, body sensations, behavior changes, or mood changes that don't fit a specific diagnosis. You may have questions about what is causing these symptoms. Many people wonder if they are the only one having these experiences. Not everyone meets formal criteria for a mental health diagnosis, and we feel the emphasis should be on understanding any symptoms you are having and discovering if relief is possible. Your initial evaluation will include a thorough diagnostic assessment, and we will discuss potential treatments for your most troubling symptoms.
Symptoms We Treat
- Mood changes such as depression or sadness, loss of pleasure, or irritability
- Excessive worrying
- Panic or anxiety attacks
- Problematic mood fluctuations
- Intrusive, distressing thoughts or sensations
- Ritualizing or compulsive behavior, either in behavior or thoughts
- Sleep problems
- Suicidal thoughts or impulses
- Substance abuse or addiction
- Problems with focus or concentration
- Symptoms related to past traumas or stressful events
- Hearing things other people can't hear or becoming confused about what's real
- Chronic problems with relationships
Diagnoses We Treat
- Mood disorders such as Major Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Substance Abuse and Dependence
- Personality Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Asheville Integrative Psychiatry does not provide crisis intervention or crisis counseling for individuals who are not current clients. If you are not an established client and are in crisis, please go to your nearest emergency department or call one of the following: